Ah, the dream of making money writing. You have it, right?
Making your own hours. Using those creative brain cells to write informative, interesting, and fun content that people read and share. Making money doing it.
So, how do you make money writing if you are not sure how to go about doing it?
There is a lot of information out there about what to do.
- Start a blog.
- Write for other websites.
- Be a copywriter.
It all sounds wonderful and great, but HOW? How do you write the content that people want to read? What should a blog post look like? What should they be about? How do you know who is going to read it?
Besides the obvious and most used answer of, “You have to write and keep writing,” there are some people out there that prefer to know something about what they are doing before they do it.
Are you some people?
If so, below are 8 Completely Free Courses that you can take right now to help you improve your content writing.
(I do not have an affiliate relationship with Udemy, as of this writing. I just really like their courses and have taken several).
- HOW TO MAKE A LIVING WRITING ARTICLES – MAKE MONEY ONLINE
- ESSENTIALS OF WRITING CONTENT
- LEARN ABOUT CONTENT WRITING
- LEARN TO WRITE BLOG POSTS THAT EARN REAL PASSIVE INCOME
- BLOGGING INSIGHT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE BETTER BLOG POSTS
- AUDIENCE ANALYSIS – WRITE RIGHT FOR YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
- 155 YEARS OF COPYWRITING INSIGHTS TAUGHT IN 1.5 HOUR COURSE
- COPYWRITING FOUNDATIONS: SELL USING YOUR WORDS IN 2019
In this course, you will find great information about writing articles online.
The first 3 sections are information about writing that you may already know. The rest of the course gives valuable tidbits such as:
- An extensive list of websites that pay you to write for them.
- A how-to on writing the perfect article
- An excellent list of websites for free images
- A quick tutorial on how to create your own free images
This course even goes on to teach you about sizing your image correctly for posts.
This course is for the very beginners. A great course to take if you are curious if you have what it takes to write online content.
It only takes an hour to complete this course. You will learn:
- If you have what it takes to be a writer
- What skills are necessary
- If writing is the right path for you
An, under-1-hour course, for people already writing content and looking to learn some tweaks.
It quickly covers such things as:
- Content designing
- Content adaption
- Tips for improvement
The creator also touches on SEO friendly content, which you know is vital for the online content world.
This one is for the people who have heard about making money blogging and wonder how they do it.
It is a little longer than the others, clocking in at 3 hours of video, but packed with information.
You will learn everything from:
- Knowing your audience
- Knowing the words your audience uses
- Planning and formatting blog posts
- Writing headlines
- Engaging your readers and turn those readers into paying customers or clients.
You should have an existing website already. It can be new but it should be up and running before you take the course.
The hour-long video for this one has one direct goal, developing a blue print for your blog post.
If you have a blog already and wonder why you are not getting traffic or readers, this is for you.
If you do not know or do not quite understand the idea behind having a keyword for your posts, this course might help.
Knowing your audience and writing for your target market are probably not new ideas to you. But, you may struggle to put it into your writing. This course may help.
The creator gives you methods to figure out who your audience is. It may say it is for technical or business writers but it’s not.
If you are writing or are thinking about writing anything, this course may help you to get 10 steps ahead of those that don’t embrace this knowledge.
If you plan to sell anything you need to know copywriting. Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets sold without it.
Whether you are selling your own products or someone else’s, you need to know this.
This course, that is only 1.5 hours long, will not make you an expert. It may, however, teach you some fundamentals that you can start using now.
This is a course for really getting into the heart of the audience and learning to sell to that audience.
It covers topics such as:
- Doing a customer interview
- Creating a customer avatar
- Knowing exactly what you want your readers to do.
If you have a website or want to write content for other websites, this is a good brass-tacks course.
The information available is endless when it comes to blogging, writing, online content, and copywriting. If you are looking for good, free, short courses that you can take on your own time, check these out.
Post in the comments section and let me know if you take any.